Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Results...

Well, the 3 days of potty training came and went and Alli is pretty much fully potty trained!!! We are so proud of her! It was a long three days of constantly focusing on her and watching her ALL day. The 3 day potty training method is pretty intense but it's totally worth it in my opinion. I would reccommend it to anybody.
I think it was harder for me because I had to be by her side at all times, couldn't leave the house or do much  around the house for 3 days!
Alli loved it because she had my full attention for 3 days straight. We did TONS of activities like making cookies, maiking playdough, painting, cleaning, drawing, watching movies and tv shows, dancing, doing hair, reading etc. There were also lots of stickers, rewards, praise, drinks, popsicles, treats and snacks involved, she loved it.

Here's how it all went down...

Day one:
She had lots of accidents (by accidents I mean she went a little bit in her undies and then I would rush her up to her potty and she would finish). She went #1 in the potty twice. She never did go #2 the whole day. She stayed dry all night.

Day two:
She went #1 in the potty three times and #2 once...again I would catch her in the act and then rush her up to the potty to finish. She stayed dry all night.

Day three:
She went #1 five times and #2 one time. Towards the end of the day, she TOLD ME SHE HAD TO GO POTTY, WENT TO THE POTTY and KEPT HER UNDIES DRY!! This was the ultimate goal=) Since then, she's done the same thing twice.

I hope she keeps it up. We are going to continue to praise her like crazy every time she goes. I'm sure she'll continue to have a few accidents, but for the most part it clicked with her and she gets it now. I am SO proud of my BIG GIRL - this is a huge accomplishment!

Now I have to figure out how to travel with her and go places with her and use public restrooms etc, so there is still a lot for both she and I to learn, but she's got the basics down. Way to go Alli! I'll have to get a pic of her in her big girl undies, she loves them. I could never quite grab the camera quick enough =)

7 comments:

The Brindley's said...

WHAHOO! I love that method, so worth it. I am glad I have boys when it comes to the whole public restroom thing, yuck! I guess it is better than having to put our blankets down on those gross changing tables to change their butts though. WAY TO GO ALLI!

Eric Requel and Bella said...

Wow that's awesome. I'm excited to try it too! Hopefully next month after all the crazyness has settle down. Yeah Alli!!

Megan said...

wow i am totally shocked and excited for you! i have tried several times with mylee and she still doesn't get it (it could be partly my fault i'm a little phobic about accidents) and mylee is almost three!! so my question to you is did you have a towel or something for her to sit on or do you have a good method for cleaning pee pee up? (i told you i am really phobic about pee pee on the couch, carpet etc.)also what about the stickers and did you give her liquids and popsicles to help get things moving? where did you find this method? i know lots of questions but i know i need to buckle down and do it with mylee its just really, really hard for me! congrats on your awesome accomplishment!

Megan said...

one more question did you get a little potty for her?

bergesonbs said...

Yay! It takes a lot to do it in just 3 days, let alone just doing it :) So nice job, it's a wonderful thing not having to change a diaper!

April Leydsman Mason said...

Yay Alli and most of all yay you!!! That is going to be so nice to not have to change diapers.

Karen Kunzler said...

Hooray!!!!! That is awesome!!!! Loralee is totally potty trained also now. Which I am honestly a little shocked she did so well and was so fast. As for the potty in other places....Shannon was terrified of the BIG potties so I found a little seat at toys r us that you can place on top of the potty so it makes it a little smaller. Congrats!!!!!