Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back at it...

I am back to work that is! I recently accepted a full time, yes FULL time position as an Admissions Consultant at a local college. It's an actual real job with a salary!Today was my 2nd day of training and it's been great so far. It's a little overwhelming with everything I'm learning, there is SO much information but I think I'm getting it down . If everything goes well, it should be a fun rewarding job and I'm excited about it! 
I feel like Alli's at an age now where she is old enough to where I would feel pretty comfortable leaving her with somebody all day. She just wants to play all day anyway. She is very social and lets be honest she probably has way more fun playing with kids that are around her age than with me all day. She seriously doesn't care who she's with or where she's at most of the time, she is pretty easy going. The cool thing too is that when I get home I'm way more excited to do things with her and our time together is more useful/valuable.

It has definitely been an adjustment for sure though. The 4 years we've been married I haven't worked more than 30 hours a week (and that was before Alli was born). I've had a few part time jobs here and there, but I've always been home with her everyday and I've NEVER taken Alli to any type of day care which was the other big adjustment that we're all still adjusting to. BUT, she is doing great and she seems to love the lady we take her to. She goes to a girl who has 3 girls of her own right around Alli's age, and has taken her kids to day care before for 4 years so she knows what it's like. Alli has not yet cried when i dropped her off and is happy when we go pick her up. I'm so glad because that was my biggest concern. I mean it's a big deal and it was very important to me that she was happy and okay while I was working! It makes my day at work a lot easiwer when I know that she's in good hands. Plus, the fact that she's not going to remember any of this when she's older makes feel better about it =) 

The other thing is I like to feel productive and feel like I'm doing something. I've always loved working and doing something other than just being home. I think I may get this from my Mom, who worked as long as I can remember since I was little. She is a work-a-holic. Don't get my wrong I have LOVED staying home with Alli up to this point, and will stay home again with our future kids but I love working when I can. For me, there is just a satisfaction/motivation that you get from it. Plus money is always a bonus, I don't care how much you make or don't make...extra money is awesome in every way! =) This is just temporary until we have another baby but for now I am a working Mom and I'm actually quite enjoying it! I'm sure I'll have my days though.

Anyway, wish me luck on my new job I will need it! If you made it through ALL the way of through my novel...good job! I probably won't be posting as much anymore since I don't have as much time now, but then again I probably will because I'm a blogger from way back, you should all know this...Lata!

5 comments:

Kesley said...

Congrats on your job! That is awesome! That sounds like a fun job too!

Eric Requel and Bella said...

Wow I had no idea. Why didn't you fill me in? That's good to know slash kinda sad because it was nice having Alli to play with and you during the day sometimes. If you ever need a back up for Alli just give me a call! Good luck!!

Ryan and Amber said...

Well you're gonna LOVE the paychecks and Allster will be just fine! ::)

Kim P said...

Sounds like such a great opportunity. Hope you love it! BTW-Alli is such a beautiful little girl! She takes after her mom:)

The Penney's said...

That's exciting for you! I'm glad you have someone you trust to leave Ali with. That's the hardest part of being a working mom.