Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just wanted to say congrats to my Dad on shooting his ram! He got very  lucky at the Hunting Expo earlier this year and won a sheep tag on the San Rafael- one of his dream hunts.



 "South San Rafael on Oct. 12th, 2010 at about 7:30 a.m.  It was 250 yards up a ledge.  I missed the first two shots with “ram fever”, I guess.  My third shot his him in the lower neck and exited his skull about and inch and a half below it’s horn  as it ran over the top of the  ledge  away from me.  My brother Maurice helped me and climbed the ledge with his two artificial knees.  He was a great help.  It was a memorable hunt.  I’m hooked  on sheep hunting.  It was close to the Hidden Splendor uranium mine.  It was running with a smaller ram.  I checked him out today with the DWR.  It scored approx. 150 with the DWR’s unofficial measurements.  I’ll always remember this hunt.  One of my best!"

Way to go Dad!

No comments: