Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Good Read


Lately, I've been having an itch to read! Yes, I know- pretty strange. If you know me well, you know I'm not much of a reader. Never have been. But lately, I've been wanting to read! I now read a little every night before I go to bed. This particular book I heard about through some website I can't remember where, but I thought I would give it a try.
 This book focuses on how to change your child's attitude, behavior, and character. There's a few things that Alli does that I wanted a little help on. Number one, temper tantrums....sound familiar to anyone?! Number two is not eating her meals all the time which used to stress me out a little.
 It talks about distinguishing between a molehill (the situation will take care of itself or is a small concern in the grand scheme of what you are trying to accomplish)  and a mountain (something that will matter in the long run). Not eating much at mealtime for instance would be considered a mole hill.
Another concept I really liked was the principle of "Say it once; turn your back on your child; walk away." I put this principle to the test numerous times already and it's been working for me for the most part. There was a lot of information in this book that I really liked. He also answers tons of questions about popular topics parents have in the back of the book. I would definitely recommend this book to any parent, I thought it was great!

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

OK - We already talked about your book at lunch but I NEED you again - how the fetch did you get the cute little ribbon dividers? ReDo my blog for me, will you?