Sunday, January 29, 2012

1 Month


A few things we've learned about our little Haven in her first month of life...


She makes tiny little squeaks and purrs-  it's the sweetest sound ever
Loves to eat
Sleeps like an angel and looks like one too
Loves to stretch for a good 5 minutes after waking up from a nap
Loves to snuggle in close
Loves her bouncer chair
Makes lots of cute and funny faces
Scratches her face off when she is mad
She has great coloring and tons of hair
Has the exact same cry as her big sister did



As for me, I've learned that things are a lot easier with the second baby in the sense that I'm way more relaxed and way more confident in what I'm doing. I remember with Alli I was always so stressed out whenever she cried, or even just putting her in the car seat stressed me out. I'm not quite as an emotional wreck as i was back then. I feel like I know what I'm doing and know what to expect, so that has been so nice! Also, the recovery physically has been much easier and a lot quicker which is great!

I've also learned that you heart expands a 100 times over with the second child. You love them just as much as your first, and my love for Alli has grown even more.  She is so happy, understanding and easy going. I love having a new baby and i am loving the age difference between Alli and her, i think it's perfect for me.







Cheers to 1 month!

2 comments:

The Brindley's said...

I love that you are adjusting well. It is so much better the 2nd time around. I remember being stressed about little things too with the first. She is a doll! The picture of her stretching is perfect, love it!!

Scott and Megan said...

Oh man, she is cute!!! The two of them together is ridiculously adorable! I love your attitude and it sounds like you are doing really well recovering and adapting to the 2 kid thing! I think the age difference is awesome and it sounds like Alli is a GEM of a helper! Way to go Ashley you are doing a great job!!