Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer Entertainment

Oh my heck I feel like I haven't blogged forever, but really it's only been like a week! I feel like I'm way behind! We've been doing a lot but I have been bad about taking pictures, so I'll just sum it up in words instead with a few pics here and there.

We have been taking lots of trips to Sonic for some delicious Ocean Water, it's our new favorite. I told Alli that Mermaids drink it and now she loves it...shocker!

We've had numerous trips to the park and also checked out Neptune park. It's different, but fun!

We went to 7-peaks again- this time with my friend Chelsea and her two kids. Alli went down the big "no tube" slide by herself over and over.

Made Hobo dinners at Wines Park in Lehi. It's pretty much our favorite park of all time.

Attending story time at the library. It's cheesy sometimes but Alli LOVES it, so we go.

Alli's been playing with her usual neighborhood gang which consists of Alli Cannon and Allison every day.

Went to Lagoon with my family and all little kiddos. It was so hot and fun, minus the fact that my sister spotted my first gray hair....EEWWW!!! Are you kidding me?! Maybe it was standing in line for the ride "wicked" that gave me my very first gray hair because that ride is nuts. Either way, I felt a tiny bit old for the very first time. Thanks a lot for that Amb.

I repainted our shutters on our house, they were looking pretty faded. Last time I used regular paint and it didn't last too long, so this time I spray painted them...we'll see if the regular paint or spray paint lasts longer! I did a primer, then paint, then protectant on top, so I'm hoping they'll stay good for a long time!

I attended my 10 Year Reunion a couple weeks ago. 10 Years...Wow!! It was fun to reunite with classmates I haven't seen in years. Here is me and a few of my high school besties.



I re-finished both or our bathroom vanity cabinets awhile ago using the Rustoleum Transformation Cabinet Kit. It was actually really fun and it wasn't that hard to do and kind of fun! I like the way they turned out, I'll have to post some pics soon. My next project is the kitchen cabinets, I just need to buckle down and do it! I want to do get it done before Haven is super mobile =) She can now sit up completely without support and army crawl all over the place.

Lately, I've been into spray painting things. I've bought a few things from DI and have re-done them like a couple frames, a lamp and working on a nightstand for Haven's room. I follow the tutorials on THIS blog. She seems like she knows what she's doing, so I try to follow her suggestions most of the time =) 

Laundry. Uggh!! I have been doing loads and loads of laundry. I know everyone does laundry but I swear I do a freakin ton!!! Dang laundry...HATE laundry.

Alli and Josh have been to several Owlz games together. She is so lucky to have such a good Dad to take her places all the time. This time they went with his friend Shawn and his little boy Lincoln . These are phone pics so they're not super great.



Mostly we've just been enjoying summer. It's going by so quickly!


1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

Ha ha ha. You must have been traumatized by the gray hair incident because I ad completely forgotten about it.