Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Caught in the act

I caught Alli playing in my makeup today. She is always sneaking in my bathroom and playing with my makeup on a weekly basis. She's a total girl who loves to explore and try out girly things! She has actually gotten pretty good at putting on mascara! She must be watching a pro ;)
Each time i catch her I tell her she's way too young to wear makeup, and that she doesn't need any makeup because she's already beautiful without it, and that we only wear it at dance recitals :) Every time I say this she just says "but Mom, I just like it!" 
On a serious note- I hope that we can & are instilling in her that she knows she is precious and beautiful no matter what, with or without makeup. I think she already knows this because she always tells me that she loves herself, and I'm SO glad she loves herself! I love her so much. From the lyrics of a Taylor Swift song...."Oh darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, just stay this little." I don't want my little girl to grow up!






4 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

OM freakin G! She looks SO big and grown up and gorge in those pictures! Love her little proud lipstick smile! :)

Ryan and Amber said...

OM freakin G! She looks SO big and grown up and gorge in those pictures! Love her little proud lipstick smile! :)

Chris & Jennie said...

Um, she is so gorgeous Ash! Wow! And her outfit is super cute --- where did you get that jacket?

The Sutherland Family said...

Hey thanks Jen! Her jacket is from The Childrens Place